Stoneygate Conservation Area Society
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into force on May 25th 2018 has strengthened data protection for all individuals who live and work within the UK and the EU. It is designed to ensure that voluntary groups like ourselves have consent to hold your personal data and treat it with respect.
We would like to assure you that the Society takes its data protection responsibilities very seriously and has measures in place to safeguard the member information that we hold. We aim to be fully compliant with the GDPR at all times.
Our approach to your data is as follows;
- On joining the Society, new members provide us with their name, postal address and – if they wish to – their e-mail address and telephone number.
- The only additional data generated by the Society relates to the date that annual membership payments are made and the method of payment.
- The Society maintains member data purely for the purposes of day-to-day running; to manage membership subscriptions, facilitate correspondence and the delivery of newsletters and to allow us to keep members informed of events and other matters of interest.
- We assume that members are happy for us to do all of these things unless we are informed otherwise – in which case we will follow member instructions
- Similarly, we assume that renewal of membership indicates renewal of consent to hold personal data and provide the above services
- Member data is strictly restricted to officers of the society. It will never be passed in whole or in part to any other organisation or person be they a member or not.
- Members may, at any time, ask to see what data we hold and request that some or all of it be deleted.
- When a person ceases to be a member, all electronically held data will be deleted and paper-based data destroyed.
From June 1st 2018 all new members will receive a copy of this policy as part of their ‘Welcome Pack’. If you are an existing member, please feel free to download and print a copy for your records.
If you have any unanswered questions about the way we handle your data, please contact us.